Design Focus"Alleviate pain associated with initial palatal injections"
The PAD, Palatal Anesthesia Device (PAT) uses the principles of pressure anesthesia and the “gate control theory of pain” to alleviate the pain associated with a palatal injection. The stimulation of the surface tactile receptors by the instrument “opens the gate” of the pain-transmitting fibers and interrupts their transmission to the brain. Therefore, the pain associated with the initial needle penetration is greatly reduced.
- Surgical grade stainless steel
- Rounded handle
- Cut ridges to improve grip
- “C-shaped” ends allow for targeted pressure at the injection site
- Double-ended for right and left anterior palatine foramina
- Autoclave compliant
- Corrosion and pitting resistant